Information for the Taxpayer

We can help with:

  • Social Security benefits paid to you for the year

  • Railroad Retirement benefits

  • Interest earned, proceeds from sales

  • Pensions, annuitites or IRA distributions

  • Earned Income Credit

  • Mortgage interest and property tax

  • Contributions to charity

  • Tuition & student loan interest

For a complete list of what we can help with and documents needed to complete a tax return, visit

What you need for your appointment:

  • For a married couple filing jointly, both spouses must be present

  • Photo identification for you and your spouse (if married)

  • Social Security cards or ITIN documents for you, your spouse and/or dependents

  • Birth dates for you, spouse and/or dependents

  • Copy of last year's tax return

  • All forms W-2, 1098 and 1099

  • 1095 forms if you purchased insurance through Marketplace (Exchange)

  • Information for other income

  • Information for all deductions/credits

  • Proof of savings or checking account and routing numbers (for direct deposit of refund)

Additional information:


Attention Johnson County Taxpayers: The Central Resource Library will be undergoing remodeling in 2021.  Please consider making your appointment at Oak Park Library this year.

Kansas Tax Sites

© 2019 KS Tax-Aide